Saturday, May 27, 2023

Spring quilting- lots of photos

 I'm catching up for our April and May mtgs in this post.  We spent some time finishing quilt that were Blessed on Easter Sunday at St Peter's Episcopal church in So. Windsor.  I did do some repairs to a quilt top that was donated (poor construction), but we loved the design/ colors enough to care for it.


Our May meeting let us take all the quilt tops that we'd finished and pin-baste them to their appropriate backings. I then, took them home to travel to Maine on a ten-day vacation for me to machine-quilt and bind. They all had to patiently wait for that LAST little sewing of the binding as I forgot to bring labels. They are done now... just need to be washed so they dont run/bleed their colors.


We'll meet a little later than normal  in June, since I have a conflict of interest on our usual schedule. Then we're off for the summer... but dont worry that the ladies get to rest. I have them homework for our Sept mtg (return date).

Yellow center string blocks
Yellow and blue combined (just auditioning)
My blue homework blocks
Set up to sew strings 
Manchine-quilting on bat/butterfly
Backing
"Ripple of Love"


(My quilt)


"Circle of Flight"


"Wolf Den by the River"


Accent quilting 


Done...All but label


Quilting on vacation


Repair quilts issues






April mtg


Future project. For June



For June mtg


Discussing black border


Homework decisions...



June project...


Where it started



June project..



Instructional refresher in May mtg...below





Borders done


Had to fix the ripples...
Easter Blessings during service


No comments:

Post a Comment