Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pocket Prayer Quilts

Or shall I call them "Silent Prayers To-Go", or "Quiet Prayers"... Not sure what to call them, but these are our latest creations.
 
I kept trying to figure out what we could give to those who wouldn't have a need (or who we can't provide for) a small/med/large quilt.  I came up with one you can put in your pocket (or purse) and take it with you when you visit someone ill, or in caring for someone in need, when (really) the one who needs the comfort is YOU.
Here are a few mini quilt blocks (5" square or so...) that I threw together today. I actually have several 5"-6" squares that I make from the scraps of my quilts. I throw them in a drawer in the hopes of putting together a quilt that makes me think of every quilt I've made in the past.
 Here are a few made with selvedges and fancy stitches.


 I think I ended up with nine of them....
 Of course, you knew they couldn't stay organized... Then you get to see each one of them. All they need is a tie in the center.
 
Okay..... I now have them tied and here is how I'll display them.
 This is the cute little sign in the basket.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I found them today, March 19, 2017. Thank you for this kind gift you give, for the idea to use for others...Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love these. I would like to make some for a women's retreat in April and it would be good to try and start making me now since I would need about 100 of them. Would you be so kind and to give me some instructions on how you made them with measurements and step by step? I would really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete