Monday, January 30, 2012

Two more found a home!

Two more quilts found a home last week.... in the process of blessing one quilt ("Lasagna with Tiger Stripes") on Sunday, a parishioner (LR) came up and spoke of a co-workers husband who has been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. She was very emotional about it, and it 'would be the perfect quilt', she said. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of this one. After going home to package it up and write a note with it (all our quilts arrive with notes), I had my daughter drop it off one morning before work. I hear it was so well received.


We also had another one ("Orange/Purple Scrapworks") that needed to comfort a woman (MY) in her late 50's/ early 60's who is suffering with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. I personally delivered this quilt and met the woman and her husband. We received a thank you (not always done, never expected, but always grateful) that I'll share with the ladies at the next meeting. This was the back of another quilt, but I told the ladies if I could find a backing in Maine, then I'd make it into the front of a new quilt. (I'd used up all the 'scraps of fabrics' from the other quilt, hence the name.


We also finished another quilt (thank you, Muriel for binding it) that was a quilt 'fairy' gift. In the fall of last year, we found that someone had left us a few quilts that were just squares serged together into small quilts. Since we have not many requests for baby quilts, we put two of them together (they matched) and added 'side borders' to widen the quilts and voila, it was a top! I think I'll call this one "Blue Stone Path", since the squares are like cobblestones, and the borders along the sides make it into a path. (Isn't it funny? I've been pondering the name of this quilt -- I think they all need names-- for three days and it just came of me in the middle of writing that sentence!) This presently has no home....

Maybe next meeting we can just play with the jar quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment