Saturday, June 2, 2018

Last Meeting before the summer break!

While we only had a few members able to show up, we had a guest, which was lovely. Welcome Melanie! Hope you come again.

Here are some of the quilts we worked on...
this cute little top was made by Janet G. We plan to add a black border (probably 2.5"), a thin white flange, then put it on point and add bright triangles to it. (Kaleidescope is the name, if I have MY way, lol-- I don't think I do too often).

 This one, made by Janet G, may get named Attic Windows in the Cabin, or Broken Attic Windows. A UFO, she found in her house. It needs a backing, binding and label.

This one is Janets' 2nd wonky Stars quilt. Maybe "Wonky Stars in Plum Sauce" or "Wonky Stars 2". We just need to turn and finish the binding. Norma took it home to finish.
 HA! THIS is the famous "Jar quilt".... we started it years ago (my crazy idea), and since there is no pattern for it, it's taken forever to think of how it should be put together., The rows are pretty much in place, but we haven't put the jars 'on the shelves' and put the pantry shelves together. It WILL get done soon! (Maybe I'll sneak it home this summer and work on it.... shhhh)

this wonky little top was donated (by whom?) and had a lot of tearing apart and fixing before we could add the pink border on it. The funny thing it, the border fabric matches some of the little square blocks!! Who knew!??

This quilt will go to a man in Toronto/New Brunswick Canada. I met the family two years ago and they had my PBPQ card still.... The dad has stage 4 lung cancer. They got in touch with me and voila, they are getting a quilt. Everyone decided THIS was the quilt to send. Hope he likes it!
Canada Geese Going Home

Thanks to Dee, Delaney, Melanie (guest), Janet and Aunt Norma (oh yeah and me) for coming!! Even if we had a short day of it. I was home before 2pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment