Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feb Mtg

We'll be meeting this Monday and I hope we can get a few tops out of the Happy Blocks we're making for Heartstrings Jan/Feb project. I made 21 before the last meeting and the ladies took lots of novelty squares and 'framing material' home to make more (homework).

This little quilt is one 'experiment', inspired by the 9-Patch Pizzazz. I want to name it "Butterfly Sherbert"... It's for a 4yr old girl who is in foster care with one of our parishioner's daughter and she has some emotional issues. I even put prayer ties into it. We'll get it Blessed on Sunday and hand it to the little girl's gramma to deliver.



These two are for Alycia's QOV quilt quota (at present 400 is the goal). I'm not sure it I'll add another border to the red one, but I've named them, "Stars and Stripes Forever" (the white one)

and "Glory wrapped in Red Velvet" (red one).


I want to show the ladies a new block... Not sure whether the name of the quilt will be "PS I love you" or "Love Letters". It's an envelope block (5" x 7" rectangle) and a 3-d envelope flap on it. I'll take some pictures of it at the mtg. I only have some blocks made, but not put together.
I also have some more Black/White/Bright HS blocks to make, as I want to add to a small quilt that we have to at least make it 24 blocks (9"). It's up on my design wall, and I'm adding blocks as they get made. (Maybe I'll have the ladies each make a block).
I have not added any more blocks to Father Chip's quilt. I also want to know how he's feeling first. I can't post that in case he sees this blog.
I have had one of our 'machine quilters' agree to quilt a couple of our little quilts. I have the Bingo quilt top finished (Marilyn put them together and a nice green border, Dot G picked out the backing and I bought some great gold for the binding). I even ironed the binding so it's ready to add when we get it quilted. Perfect for a young person (42" X 53") to snuggle in. And so bright and cheerful!! (See a picture of it in the distance in the posting below)

No comments:

Post a Comment