Sunday, March 29, 2009

Freedom to quilt!

This is the first mtg we'll have that I can be there REAL early, since I'm on lay-off (two months worth). I have two quilts turned into me (from Beth and Muriel) that are done! I'll have the ladies check them out, then they will get Blessed on Palm Sunday and hopefully, we'll have a few more done on Tuesday (31st).
These are some of the ones I hope to have tops done...

The Blue with the black and white ("Blue-min' Heart") needs 6 more blocks added on, then we can find a backing and get it done for Father Paul's friend with brain cancer. I have one of the 'done' ones that could be used, but it has some pink in it, so I'll have to have a vote on it with the ladies Tuesday.

These are the samples of the envelope blocks. We have SEVERAL, so I'll need a couple of people to organize them into a top. The question will be whether they will be completely scrappy or going only with a few colors (two or three).
I hope to have the butterfly quilt done at this mtg. It would have been done at the last, bar the 'wrinkle', but I hope to have the binding done for it.
lso hope to have Father Chip's quilt top done...I'm working on that on my design wall. It's looking good, if I do say so myself.
I also saw our Happy Blocks arrived safely in Mary's hands.... check out the thurs Mar 5th post...

No comments:

Post a Comment