Sunday, July 25, 2021

Canadian Indigenous residential school quilt project

 I was trying to think about what block pattern i could make for our "fall project" for the Canadian residential school survivors, when I came across the "orphan" block box! What a perfect choice!! Any of the "orphans" that had orange/rust in it, 


I pulled from the box and tried to pair it up with others and then add a border if needed. I finished 4 blocks this morning and have a few more to figure out how to make them "find a new home"/purpose. Feeling pretty accomplished and very excited!!




Update: finished the other three orphans I had to make them into 16.5" blocks.
I'll send some orange with the middle one, in case the 'unbalance' bothers Vanessa (woman in charge of the donations).

No comments:

Post a Comment