|Dee working on Halloween Horror|
This is the layout. It was made years ago but no one is sure who worked on the blocks (them being so wonky, I don't think anyone WANTS to claim they worked on it). All I know is, Janet was a miracle worker to get it into this cute quilt top.
I'm glad I had this broom fabric to add for the border. Next is to add a boy fabric to the back that is NOT Halloweeny. Then it will be reversible.
After adding the sashing (am I the only one who caught sight of the improper sizing of the blocks, that somehow came out okay in the end?), we decided if the outer border was to work, we needed a nice blue fabric to pull out some color. Well try and find a blue/green backing for it. Maybe one we can roll the edges over to the front for a binding.
This quilt I'll call it "Back in Maine" since the backing was bought in Maine.
We tied it with multicolor embroidery floss since it was so colorful.
These Heartstring blocks were done by Kathy and possibly others, but were in the orphan boxes (RWB), and I thought they needed to be put to a top. This placement didn't make it to the finish.
This was one of the loveliest ones we got to work on... Kathy had made the HS blocks and one of the new visitors, Delaney (age 11) worked on the placement of these blocks. I'm thinking this should be called "Thank God I'm a Country boy". It just looks so homey and warm. This is how far it got put together. I'll hopefully work on it at home or bring it to the Feb mtg to be made to the top stage.
Nice placement on the quilt, Delaney.....
This medalion I've been playing with for years..... Not sure what to do with it yet, but the next stage should be something that makes it POP! (The rust points are flappy- not attached down).
These are more piles to be put together..... the Red/Blue pile did get to a top (see photos above), but the others need a few more blocks to make a complete top. For another meeting.....
Here she is..... Delaney. She was visiting us with her mom (whom I work with). We gave her the blue blocks and just let her design it. We'll call this one, "Delaney's Quilt". She did such a good job on the design, she can come back anytime she wants. (I hear her mom says she is planning our lunch for the next 6 hr event!).
This is what she started with ....
and this is what she created. Great job!
Okay, I know
we were making 'manly' quilts, but while I was laying out the stuff to be worked on the night before, I found these lovelies and decided they needed to be 'revamped. Not sure who made them, but I hope they don't mind that I 'adjusted' them.
These "fall fabrics' (top pile) were taken home by Marilyn. Can't wait to see how she puts them together. We put together the pile on the bottom left before we went home (Janet and I), She's taken them home to put together. We may have to put a border around them to finish that top.